What are personal data?
Personal data is all information from which conclusions can be drawn about your personal or factual circumstances or from which you can be identified.
Which data are collected?
- The following data will be collected and processed for the automated processing of your application
- First name, last name, e-mail and, if applicable, address/city, date of birth, title, telephone number, citizenship
- Additional questions depending on the respective advertisement (e.g. driving licence)
- Curriculum vitae, in particular information on professional experience and training
- Skills (e.g. Photoshop, MS Office)
- Application photo
- Qualifications, awards and language skills
- Letter of motivation
- Files and documents you upload, if applicable
- We store the written, electronic communication that takes place between you and the company for which you are applying. Furthermore, we process comments and evaluations that are written about you in the course of your application process.
- In order to be able to adapt our services to your needs in the future and to enable trouble-free use of our website, we collect statistical information about your surfing behaviour on our website (e.g. which website sections you click on or your “log-in” times). This data may be recorded for the purpose of support or service optimisation and may be viewed by the Akana administrator at any time if required.
Purpose of the data collection
Akana processes and uses the personal data collected for the provision of Akana services, for the purpose of registration on the companies’ websites and for the purpose of exchanging information between applicants and companies. Please note that for direct marketing purposes, we may send you electronic messages about new vacancies from companies for which you have applied in the past. For this purpose, we process your name, e-mail address and data that you provided in your previous application on behalf of these companies. You can object to receiving these messages at any time by sending an e-mail to [email protected] to the company responsible, Akana.
What are cookies?
- Akana uses “cookies” when operating the website. These are used to make your online application more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. Session cookies are deleted as soon as you leave our website. Permanent cookies, on the other hand, remain stored on your computer’s hard drive until deleted by your browser (e.g. in order to be able to return later to an ongoing application process). You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of Akana to their full extent.
- The following is a list of the cookies used.
PHPSESSID Session Cookie Functionality This cookie is used to identify the user while using Prescreen. The cookie is mandatory for correct functionality. The cookie loses its validity when the browser is closed. REMEMBERME Persistent Cookie Functionality This cookie is used to restore an expired session The cookie loses its validity after 2 weeks.
Is data passed on to third parties or collected by third parties?
The data collected as part of your application will neither be published nor passed on to third parties without authorisation, i.e. in particular without your consent. Apart from our employees who process your data in the course of providing our services, we pass on your personal data to the following recipients:
- To companies to be contacted as part of your application process.
- In the provision of our services, we are supported by subcontractors as IT service providers and within the scope of hosting services. These sub-processors are based in Austria and Germany. If further processors are commissioned with a maintenance activity, these processors may gain access to your data in the course of their work. In such a case, Akana contractually obliges the processors to comply with the applicable data protection provisions, as well as the provisions on data protection and confidentiality under this contract.
- Akana may be legally obliged to disclose your data if it is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims of the client before a public authority.
Insofar as Akana wishes to use your data in a way that goes beyond what is described above, Akana will obtain your express consent in advance.
- Personal data of rejected applicants will be stored for a maximum period of six months, starting from the date of rejection of the application. If you prefer a longer storage period in the course of your application process (for example, in order to continue your application process later), we ask you to make these settings accordingly during registration.
- Longer storage periods may also result from the fact that the data is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims before an authority or that statutory retention obligations exist. The data will be stored for as long as is necessary to fulfil these purposes.
Your rights regarding stored data
- You have the right to be informed free of charge about which of your personal data we process, as well as the right to correction, deletion and restriction of data processing and data portability. In order to exercise these rights or to obtain additional information about them, please contact the responsible company, Akana GmbH, by e-mail at [email protected]
You may revoke any consent granted under data protection law at any time with effect for the future. To make use of the possibility of revoking your consent, please contact the responsible company Akana GmbH by e-mail at [email protected]
Validity of the agreement (severability clause)
Complaint to the data protection authority
If you believe that we are processing your data in contravention of applicable laws, you may lodge a complaint with the Austrian data protection authority or with the otherwise competent supervisory authority (in particular in the Member State of your residence or place of work).
Contact details of the company responsible for data protection [email protected]