Location: Bern (remote is partly possible after the induction phase)
Contract form: Temporary position or Freelancer
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Until 31.05.2022
- Development together with the DevOps team, of Cloud services such as PostgreSQL, MinIO, Kafka or Secure Vault based on container technology, from Prototypes until they are ready for the market.
- Ensuring that the Services are automated, fail-safe, with high quality and that our customers’ applications can be operated without interruption.
- In this role, the candidate shapes the strategic cloud foundry and Kubernetes platform that based on a software product from SUSE, mainly with: SUSE Rancher, Cloud Application Platform (CAP) and CaaSP, in Regarding innovation, quality and efficiency.
- Participation in the development and operation of container-based cloud services in an agile and interdisciplinary DevOps team across all phases of the life cycle (technologies Kubernetes, Helm, Docker).
- Further development of the architecture with regard to stability, availability and hybrid cloud, analysis and optimization of reliability and performance, implementation of automated tests for quality assurance, continuous optimization of monitoring, logging and alerting.
- Tracking the current technological trends and developing proposals for the strategic direction of the technology stacks used. Consulting, support and know-how transfer for customers and employees.
- Development and definition of standards and guidelines for existing and new technologies in the field of container-based cloud services.
- Higher education in computer science with a focus on software / systems engineering or comparable education.
- Several years of experience in systems engineering or software development.
- Knowledge of one or more programming and scripting languages (e.g. Golang, Java, C #, Bash).
- Deep understanding and experience with container technologies (Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry), cloud services (e.g. Kafka, PostgresSQL, MinIO, Keycload, Prometeus, Grafana), automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible) as well as good Linux knowledge.
- Enthusiasm for new technologies, software development and the cloud.
- Independent and efficient way of working, good integration in a self-organized, agile team, proactive contribution of specialist knowledge, ideas and flexibility
- Fluent in German and English